Likes by Liz

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

lovely little details.

Lovely Little Details...
mercury glass::bunting banners

I LOVE love mercury glass!!  Don't you?  It's so pretty and unique and it's popping up in just about every decorating store.  I have to tell myself to stop buying it at this point. We have mercury glass accents in just about every room of our apartment...living, bedroom and bathrooms!  The pot is from Pottery Barn and was on sale for $13, the beautiful candle is from Anthropologie (little splurge for my bedroom night stand), two of the votives are also from Pottery Barn for $3 each and the other two votives are my roommates and I believe she bought them at Maggie's in Market Street.  
So pretty! 



Easy DIY bunting banner made from scrapbook paper... dresses up a boring mirror (which still needs to be painted)


Also dresses up this antique window frame that I hung on a wall in my bedroom.


I found the perfect turquoise tray to accent my coffee table and throw pillows from Target-$17.99.  I planted some beautiful succulents which do so well indoors and on our patio. They are low maintenance!  this perfect size tray is my new place to display magazines.  The brass top jar is an Anthro knock off I found for $5.50 at TJ Maxx!  At Anthro they are between $24-32. Woohoo!  I filled  the jar with white and ivory buttons.
(btw this issue of Cooking Light has some delicious recipes)


Makes me happy when the little details come together!  Soon our apartment living room will be complete when I pick up my newly reupholstered antique french arm chair on Friday!  YAY!                I will post the pictures soon.



No comments:

Post a Comment